The topic of the article is that there was an attack in Kenya and people did not care. But when it it hit Paris everyone did care.
Heading one: The main idea is people did not do anything to show that they care about the attack in Kenya.
Heading too: The main idea is that people mostly only care about attacks if they know someone like a family member or a friend that lives their.
Heading three: The main idea is that people care more about the Paris attack because they don't really know Kenya and Beirut.
Heading four: The main idea is people should care about any attack not just about Paris and they should not care less just because they know Paris.
Friday, December 4, 2015
- The author's point of view is that its unfair that people didn't care about the attack in Kenya but they did care about the attack in Paris. In the article is said that "When the Paris attack happened people were posting photos on Facebook and twitter of them in front of the Eiffel tower or they were changing their profile picture to red,blue and white". Another part of the article it said that " Yet back in April there was almost nothing about it on Facebook and Twitter. There was no outpouring of sadness and support, as there was for paris". Also in the article it said "Not many Americans have traveled to Kenya or Beirut. For that reason it is understandable that Americans did not react as much to the killings in those places. However, that does not mean it is right for us to care less".
- I agree with the authors point of view. I agree because I think if the people cared so much about Paris they should care about the other attack even if they don't know anyone their.
- The author's purpose is to inform. I know this because their is a heading and then information about that topic and also it is nonfiction.
Friday, November 20, 2015
What responsibilities do people have to animals? I think that we should protect animals. I think this because we get food from a lot of animals and if we didn't have animals we would be running out of food. Also animals are like human they have feelings.
- The authors point of view in the story Ending "Shamu" stunts isn't enough to protect whales, activists say is that people want to stop the whale show. I know this because in the story it "says visitors at the San Diego park made it clear they prefer seeing killer whale's act naturally rater than doing tricks". Also in the story it "says he said ending the shows is a good first step but doesn't go far enough". Another sentence in the reading it "said California customers want to see more natural shows and fewer tricks.
- The author's point of view for the story Endangered whale may be safer in an aquarium. The point of view for the story is people can't decide if they should let a whale out of the aquarium. I know this because in the text it " says the change is expected to lead to a lawsuit from those seeking the killer whale's release". Another sentence in the article that proves my point of view is that"Aquarium officials have repeatedly said they have no intention of releasing the whale". Another sentence said "The whale could survive in a sea pen or the open waters of the pacific Northwest.
Friday, November 13, 2015
The book I'm reading is The Confession. The most interesting part in my book is when Sandy (He is a boy) admits to his friends that he murdered one of their old friends. This is interesting to me because I want to know if she is going to get caught and what her friends will do. I think that in my book Sandy's friends will keep it a secret but will have a hard time keeping it in. Also, I think that one of their friends are going to tell another person, and it will spread around. The reason he murdered their old friend is because he was bullying them, and he was being mean to them. The boy was bullying them by saying bad things about them. Today I read 10 pages.
Friday, November 6, 2015
The book i'm reading is called Holes. "He wears a orange jumpsuit with a orange tank top and yellow socks" That make my book more interesting because know every time I hear his name I think about him in his suit, and it make me think that he is in trouble because he is in orange."He smells like sweat" Because he digs holes the whole day in the sun. Since he hasn't showered it makes me feel bad because he works with other people and he smells bad. That is interesting to me because I can smell him while I am reading. "Stanley is 4"11" This is interesting to me because I know that he is not that tall so I can picture him short.
Friday, October 16, 2015
My character is Stanley Yelnats. He is a chubby, short boy with fluffy hair. He is about 4'11".He wears a orange jumpsuit with a orange tank top and yellow socks.He wears that because he is in a camp for bad boys. He smells like sweat and dirty clothes because he is digging holes the whole day in the sun and he doesn't shower. When he talk his voice is low.
Monday, October 5, 2015
In my book Holes the protagonist is Stanley. I know he is the protagonist because in the story he is not doing anything wrong. Also all he wants to do is leave the camp.The antagonist is Mr.Sir he is the leader of the camp. He is the protagonist because he makes people dig holes even if they are tired and he screams at them and does not let them rest.
Friday, September 25, 2015
The book I'm reading is Holes. The story takes place in camp green lake and a cabin. The main character in my book is Stanley he is just a kid and he is overweight. Stanley is a good kid. But he had to go to camp because he accidentally did something wrong.